We are INCREDIBLY excited to announce that Jefferson Lines has been named Minnesota’s 2021 Gold Best Transportation Company in the Star Tribune’s annual Minnesota’s Best contest. As its name suggests, this contest celebrates Minnesota businesses who make a notable impact on the community through their products, services, customer experience, and more. Being on this ballot is truly an honor in itself, so being voted as first in our category is an amazing recognition for our company, proving that we truly are Your #1 Bus Experience. We are so grateful to you, the passengers, who nominated us for this distinction, and for our incredible team who puts the Jefferson Lines mission into practice each and every day.
While we’re in the spotlight, we thought we would share 10 tidbits, fun facts, and reasons why Jefferson Lines is Your #1 Bus Experience in Minnesota and beyond:
- Safety. Jefferson Lines won our first safety award all the way back in 1939, back when we were just 20 years in. Passenger health & safety remains our top priority to this day – in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we unveiled our Jefferson Clean program that prioritizes onboard safety with enhanced cleaning measures (like the installation of PlasmaAir purification systems across our entire fleet).
- Comfort. Our fleet is the newest in the industry, made of luxury motorcoaches that let you lean back and relax while you enjoy your ride (literally…our buses have reclining seats). Other standard amenities include free, in-bus WiFi, restrooms, charging outlets, reading lights, and individual climate controls.
- Affordable prices. Motorcoach travel is incredibly affordable, and with our everyday discounts for seniors, students, veterans, and early booking, it’s even MORE affordable.
- Thousands of destinations. The Jefferson network spans 14 states across the American Heartland and beyond. But the destinations don’t stop there. Our interline partnerships give passengers access to thousands of destinations across the country. Jefferson With 184 bus stops across 14 states, making it easy to find a location near you.
- Convenience. Check out our mobile bus tracker, interactive bus map, live travel alerts, and the Jefferson Lines Mobile App 2.0 – all tools to help you streamline your travels and take control of your trip.
- Environmentally-friendly. Motorcoach transportation creates 85% less emissions than cars and is 77% more eco-friendly than air travel. Paired with our network-wide paperless boarding options, you can minimize your environmental impact significantly when you travel with us.
- Innovation. We are continuously striving to improve our services, and passenger feedback is key. We foster direct communication with our passengers and use their input to identify, meet, and exceed their needs and expectations. We’re not afraid to try something new (like in 1982 when we installed Pac-Man arcade machines in the backs of buses)
- Accessible. We believe in safe, affordable, reliable, and convenient transportation, and believe that this caliber of travel should be available to everyone. That’s why we work with specialists in the field to ensure that our entire fleet is ADA-compliant.
- Community-Focused. Our mission is not only to become Minnesota’s preferred independent bus company, but to remain connected to the communities we serve. In 1976, Jefferson Lines became a founding member of MN Keystone Program (originally called “The 5% Club”), which promotes corporate philanthropy in Minnesota. Every year, we donate 5% of our pre-tax dollars to charities and non-profits that serve the communities we serve.
- 100 Years’ Experience. In 2019, Jefferson Lines celebrated our 100 year anniversary. Much has changed from when we first started, but two things have remained the same – our passion for our passengers and a commit to providing safe, affordable, reliable transportation to the communities we serve.