Is your child entering college next year? Choosing the best university can take a lot of time, energy, and carefully planning. But one item you can take off your to-do list is finding the best mode of transportation to help you tour different campuses or visit your children once they’re enrolled in school.
Below, we’ve created our official Wisconsin college guide to assist your family in planning a trip to each UW campus this year. In fact, we offer shuttle services to five major University of Wisconsin campuses that make it even easier to attend college tours, connect visiting friends, and plan trips home for the holidays.
Students also enjoy a 15% discount on all ticket prices!
Without further adieu, let’s dive into our college guide.
University of Wisconsin Campuses
We provide daily routes and comfortable, affordable services to the following UW college campuses:
- Mid-sized campus of about 10,000 students.
- Located just south of the Chippewa River.
- 160+ undergraduate programs and 8 graduate programs.
- Popular majors include Business, Nursing, Communications, and Education.
- Ranked as a Top 10 Midwestern public university & Top 10 U.S. producer of Fulbright scholars.
- Mid-sized campus with 10,000 students.
- 130+ undergrad majors and 40 grad programs.
- Popular majors: Biology, Psychology, and Kinesiology & Exercise Science.
- 96% of students participate in at least one “high-impact” practice, like undergrad research or service-learning projects.
- Located in the capital city along Lake Mendota.
- Highly-rated large institution with over 33,000 undergrads, 200+ undergrad programs, and 250+ master’s, doctoral & professional programs.
- Popular majors: Informational Science, Economics, and Biology.
- Top ranked for quality of student life, UW-Madison offers 900+ student organizations, hosts Big Ten Conference athletics, and is a Top 10 university for national research spending.
- Mid-sized campus in the small town of Menomonie.
- A little over 7,000 students.
- 45 undergrad programs and 20 grad programs.
- As Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, boasts 3 times as many labs as classrooms on campus.
- Popular majors: Business, Operations Management, Computer & Informational Sciences, and Visual & Performing Arts.
- Located furthest north on the shores of Lake Superior.
- Small campus with just over 2,500 students, including 360 grad students.
- 60+ undergrad majors & minors, 11 grad programs, and 4 world-class research centers.
- Popular majors: Elementary Education, Business, Physical Education, and Psychology.
- Over 16,000 community service hours worked by students in 2019-2020.
Midwest College Connection
In addition to providing safe and affordable shuttle services to Wisconsin colleges, Jefferson Lines also provides routes to campuses in Minnesota, North Dakota, and Iowa. Head to our College Connection page to learn more about connecting routes between schools—a convenient resource for summer or fall college tours. We also make it safe and easy for students to visit friends at other campuses or explore the Twin Cities during the weekend.
Why Choose Jefferson Lines?
As a parent, sending your child off to school is often met with concern over their safety. Rest assured that when they travel with Jefferson Lines, they’re provided with affordable, convenient transportation options with the highest standards of safety in mind. So, whether your child is heading home for a long weekend or coming back to campus after the holidays, you can relax knowing they are in good hands with Jefferson Lines.
And when you’re ready to visit them on campus, we can ensure you enjoy safe travel, too!
Ready to Book Your Next Trip?
Happy travels and have a great school year!