As the first in the industry to mix signature retail and entertainment attractions under one roof, Minnesota’s Mall of America (MOA) became an instant tourism sensation when it opened in 1992—and it continues to grow in popularity and expand its offerings every year!
Located on East Broadway in Bloomington, Minnesota, MOA offers the ultimate destination to eat, shop, explore, and play!
DID YOU KNOW… that MOA spans over 78 acres under one roof? It also is host to over 400 events annually, including concerts, celebrity appearances, and fashion runway shows.
Ready for more interesting MOA facts? Let’s go!
- Over 8,000 couples (and counting) have gotten married inside its Chapel of Love.
- With more than 30,000 plants acting as natural air purifiers, and 1.2 miles of skylights used for solar heat & energy, MOA has remained environmentally-friendly since its grand opening.
- Over 2 million miles have been walked by early morning Mall Walkers—particularly during the Minnesota winters.
- More than 40 million people from all over the world visit the MOA each year.
- If you spent just 10 minutes in each store, you’d need 86 hours to visit the entire mall!
Okay, those are interesting facts. But why should you plan your next trip to MOA?
- Variety: MOA is home to more than 520 stores to browse and shop—from high-end designers to department stores and fast fashion boutiques.
- Affordability: You can enjoy 0% sales tax on clothing—thanks to Minnesota state law.
- Shopping on Your Terms: You can enjoy personal styling, livestream shopping, and curbside pickup services
- Restaurants & Entertainment: Dine at any of MOA’s 50+ restaurants or have a blast at any (or all) of its 8 major entertainment attractions for kids and adults. These include:
- Seven acres and 24 rides at Nickelodeon Universe®
- Sea Life Aquarium and its 300-foot long ocean tunnel
- Flight simulation at FlyOver America
- GameWorks’ video games and sports lounge ambiance
- Twenty hands-on craft activities at the Crayola Experience
- Moose Mountain Adventure Golf’s 18-hole mini golf course
- Immersive activities and a Wall of Chocolate at the M&M’s® store
- Magical movie experiences at B&B Theatres.
Find the Easter Eggs
Located on the former site of the Metropolitan Sports Stadium, which was the early home of the Minnesota Vikings and Twins, MOA honors its historic roots with a few fun Easter eggs that you can try to locate during your next visit:
- The original home plate for the Twins can be found in Nickelodeon Universe®—just outside SpongeBob Squarepants Rock Bottom Plunge.
- An original red bleacher seat hangs above the Log Chute ride, commemorating the exact spot where legendary Twins player Harmon Killebrew hit a record-breaking 522-foot home run in 1967.
Find a free MOA visitor’s guide that includes package deals and info on how to plan your trip and what to do when you get there!
Book Bus Trips to Mall of America with Jefferson Lines
With extensive routes across the Midwest, comfortable amenities, including WiFi and cozy seating with ample leg room; a commitment to health and safety standards; and our handy Bus Tracker feature, Jefferson Lines makes it easy and fun to plan bus trips to the Mall of America or wherever you’re headed for a weekend trip!
Here’s a few tips to help you plan your next ride with us to MOA:
- Our pick-up/drop-off stop is located at the MOA overflow parking lot off Lindau Lane & Ikea Way.
- Bus stop hours are Mon-Sat from 9am to 10pm, and Sun 12-9pm.
- Mall hours are Mon-Sat from 10am-9:30 pm and Sundays from 11am-7pm.
Whether it’s winter, summer, fall, or spring, it’s always a great time to visit this exciting destination, whether you’re a family of five, college student, tourist, or local. And when you book a bus ride with Jefferson Lines, we’ll make sure you get there safely and affordably and when it’s time to leave, you enjoy a comfortable ride back.