Are you in need of a weekend getaway from Milwaukee? Or are the Brewers, Bucks, or Green Bay Packers playing in Minnesota? Consider taking a hassle-free bus trip to Minneapolis. There is always something fun for everyone, whether it’s sports, music, nature, theater, museums, or an exciting downtown nightlife. Jefferson Lines has comfortable yet affordable buses traveling from Milwaukee to Minneapolis that will make your trip there and back again an enjoyable experience.
Minneapolis–One Half of the Twin Cities
Minneapolis is the largest city within the state of Minnesota. It resides on both banks of the Mississippi River, has 22 lakes and lagoons, and contains 170 parks within its city limits. The city also has a rich history in business since the first Better Business Bureau in the U.S. was founded in Minneapolis in 1912. Today, Minneapolis is now a commercial, transportation, distribution, health care, financial, and industrial hub for residentials and travelers alike.
Professional sporting events run year-round in Minneapolis between the Minnesota Vikings, the Twins, and the Timberwolves. If you crave college sports, the Big Ten University of Minnesota resides in Minneapolis, as well. More than 60,000 Golden Gophers attend this campus, which features everything from its famed research facility and exciting athletics to its world-class academics.
Getting around Minneapolis, no matter the season, is a breeze with the Minneapolis Skyway System. It’s the world’s largest, continuous system of enclosed, second-level bridges containing 9.5 miles of pathways that connect 80 city blocks. Minneapolis is also home to a 12-mile light-rail transit line that connects downtown to the airport and to the Mall of America. No matter what you’re planning to do in Minneapolis, there’s always a way to get where you want to be with ease!
Spending the night, weekend, or work week in Minneapolis has never been easier thanks to a wide range of hotels to accommodate your needs for rest and relaxation. Minneapolis has something for everyone, whether your interests are shopping, arts, entertainment, history, culture, sports, or any outdoor recreation!
5 Things to Do in Minneapolis
Look no further for inspiration for your upcoming trip to Minneapolis. The following are five things you won’t want to miss during your next trip to the city:
- Hike Minnehaha Falls: The Minnehaha Falls are a 53-foot-tall waterfall within Minnehaha Park that are worth seeing in any season.
- Attend a Sports Event: Home to the Vikings, Twins, and Timberwolves, there are plenty of opportunities all year to see professional athletes compete.
- Bike the City: Known for being one of the best biking cities in the country, Minneapolis has over 1,800 rentable bikes and over 200 miles of cycling trails for you to explore.
- Spend Time in Uptown: Whether you enjoy shopping at trendy stores, trying local craft beer at unique bars and breweries, or dining at delicious local restaurants, there is plenty to do in Uptown.
- Visit a Museum: For history enthusiasts, enjoy the Mill City Museum, the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, and the Walker Art Center.
Just the Ticket – Jefferson Lines Bus from Milwaukee to Minneapolis
While riding the bus from Milwaukee to Minneapolis, we’ll be stopping through Madison, Baraboo, Sparta, La Crosse, Winona, and Rochester, until we reach your final destination in Minneapolis, just blocks away from Target Center at 600 N 1st Ave. You also have the option to catch one of our express buses for a direct route from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.
At Jefferson Lines, our goal is to make your busing to Minneapolis a relaxing, affordable, and hassle-free experience. As our guest, enjoy all of our standard amenities plus the addition of vending machines and ATMs during your trip. With the cost being as low as $31 one way, there’s no reason to delay your trip to Minneapolis any longer!