Jefferson maintains comprehensive safety awareness and training programs for its staff. A full-time safety coordinator directs the Safety Department, which oversees these specific safety-related initiatives:
- Monitoring and adherence to DOT regulations for operator shifts
- Random drug and alcohol testing procedures
- Emergency training
- 24-hour emergency hotline for drivers
- Training in accommodating physically-challenged individual
- Jefferson’s driver training program is one of the most extensive in the industry.We provide each new driver with 6-8 weeks of classroom and vehicle training. This training includes travel with veteran drivers to gain further experience.
Jefferson enjoys a strong safety record not just in response to regulation, but because our customers have set our standards. They have come to expect “an unparalleled quality travel experience” from Jefferson. Loyal customers appreciate our standards and contribute to our future growth.