The information contained on this page is provided as a courtesy for our passengers and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. Passengers should contact their own attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular legal issue or factual situation.
IMMIGRATION ISSUES THAT MAY AFFECT BUS PASSENGERS
During your journey, federal agents from United States Customs and Border Protection might board the bus and ask passengers questions about their immigration or citizenship status. Under Jefferson Lines policy, neither Jefferson Lines drivers nor its other employees will provide consent to warrantless immigration enforcement checks of its buses. However, Jefferson Lines’ employees will not physically resist or otherwise prevent federal agents from boarding our buses should they do so even without our consent. This policy has been implemented for the safety of Jefferson Lines passengers and employees.
ADDITIONAL HELP AND RESOURCES
It is important you know your rights should an immigration enforcement check occur. The following links may contain useful information. (1) If you have specific concerns about your rights during an immigration enforcement check, you should consult an attorney.
- ACLU Immigrants’ Rights – https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/immigrants-rights/
- National Immigrant Justice Center – https://www.immigrantjustice.org/know-your-rights
- National Immigration Law Center – https://www.nilc.org/get-involved/community-education-resources/know-your-rights/
- Immigration Advocates Network – https://www.immigrationadvocates.org/nonprofit/legaldirectory/
- Immigrant Defense Project – https://www.immigrantdefenseproject.org/what-we-do/legal-advice/
1 Jefferson Lines does not represent that information on any third-party websites is accurate and nothing contained herein should be construed as legal advice from Jefferson Lines.