Charter Bus Booking Information
What are your charter bus rental rates?
- There are many variables to provide you with an accurate rate. Please fill out the quote request form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
How do I receive a charter bus quote?
- You will receive a PDF file from a Jefferson Lines employee with your quote via email within 24 hours of requesting the quote.
How far in advance should I book my bus?
- The sooner the better. There are limited spots available and some buses sell out, so to guarantee the best quality product at the most affordable rate it is best to book as soon as possible.
What does your coach bus rental quote include? Are there any hidden costs? Do I pay for parking or tolls?
- There are no hidden costs when booking a charter bus with Jefferson Lines. We take pride in being straightforward and will always disclose what is or isn’t included in the cost so there are no surprises. We will let you know if miscellaneous costs such as driver hotel accommodations, tolls, or bus parking are or are not included when you receive your quote.
Is driver gratuity included in the cost? How much should we tip our driver?
- We do not include driver gratuity in our quote. This is an optional cost for every customer, as we feel you should decide if and how much you want to tip the driver. You can add it to your total cost or give it directly to the driver. Typically, clients tip the driver 15% of the quote.
Is a deposit required?
- Jefferson Lines requires a deposit of 10% of the total charter cost or $100 (whichever is greater) to hold your reservation.
When is final payment due?
- The remaining payment for your charter bus rental is due 14 days prior to the departure date or immediately if your charter is to depart before the two week deadline. If your full payment is not received by this time, Jefferson Lines reserves the right to cancel your charter.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Jefferson Lines accepts payment via cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express.
What confirmation do I get for my reservation?
- The signed Acceptance Form will confirm your charter and signify your consent to our terms. You will also receive a receipt of payment for your deposit.
Can I change my charter?
- Yes, you are more than welcome to change the details of your charter bus. The changes might alter your quote, but we will let you know these details before we charge you anything.
Can I cancel my charter? What is your refund policy?
- If you should need to cancel your reservation for any reason, Jefferson Lines will refund your deposit and any other additional payments made if you cancel greater than 30 days in advance of your charter date. Cancellations made less than 30 days but more than 24 hours in advance will receive a refund less the deposit. There will be no refund for cancellations less than 24 hours in advance.
Do you carry insurance on your vehicles?
- Yes, all of our vehicles are covered by a $15 million insurance and liability plan.
Do you own your vehicles?
- Jefferson Lines owns a fleet of 75 deluxe motor coaches.
Can I come view your vehicles?
- We can schedule a time to view our motor coach fleet based on individual needs.
How safe is travel by motor coach?
- Traveling by motor coach is the safest form of travel on the road today.
Do your vehicles have seat belts?
- Yes, we have motor coaches available with seat belts.
Can I bring a child safety seat on board?
- Yes, you can bring a safety seat on board. To assure we have a coach available to accommodate this, please ask your sales representative for more information.
Do your buses have handicap accessibility?
- All of our motor coaches at Jefferson Lines are lift-equipped and have handicap accessibility.
Do you screen your drivers?
- We strive to get the best drivers on the road to ensure the safest possible trip. Before being employed at Jefferson Lines, all drivers are submitted to a complete criminal background check and a work history and driving record review. Jefferson Lines also checks driving records four times a year and has periodic drug screenings.
Where can the charter bus pick us up?
- Wherever you want; as long as our bus can safely fit into the parking lot or space, we will be there!
How much luggage can we bring? Where do you store our luggage? Can I bring equipment such as skis or bicycles?
- You can store your luggage in the cargo area under our bus or in the seat with you. We have plenty of storage for your luggage, but you can always check with your charter coordinator for information on bulky items such as bicycles or skis.
Do your buses make stops?
- We make stops at the desire of the group. Typically, this information is disclosed in the booking process.
Do your motor coaches travel long distances?
- Yes, we can travel wherever you would like to go within the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Do your buses go to Canada or Mexico?
- Yes. We are experienced in bringing charters out of the country provided everyone on the bus has a valid passport.
Do your buses have regular scheduled runs from city to city?
- Separate from our charter division, we have a scheduled service that runs from city to city.
Do the charter buses travel in inclement weather? Does this affect my cancellation policy?
- We are understanding of unforeseen weather circumstances. If we decide that the bus is unfit for travel due to weather conditions, you will be refunded the full amount.
What if my trip runs longer than expected?
- If your trip runs longer than expected, try to let us know as soon as possible. Please know there will be an increase in rate.
What amenities are on the bus?
- Our rental buses are equipped with the following amenities: bathrooms, outlets, Wifi, and special amenities including TV, DVD, PA system and a 24-hour dispatch office.
Are we responsible for our driver’s food and/or lodging?
- We suggest that the client includes the driver’s hotel accommodations in their reservation to get discounted rates. It is common that the hotel will include one driver hotel room. Jefferson is more than happy to book the driver hotel room if the group wants us to. You are not responsible for the driver’s food; they are given a per diem by Jefferson Lines for food.
Are food or beverages allowed on the buses?
- Yes, food and beverages are allowed on our buses. If you have a cooler, Federal Regulation requires the cooler to be buckled in a seat or stored in a luggage department. We cannot have coolers in the aisle.
Is alcohol permitted on the buses?
- Jefferson Lines does not sell or serve alcoholic beverages on our motor coaches. We will allow you to bring alcohol on board our motor coaches. We require the group leader sign an Alcohol and Release of Liability Form that includes a $100 damage deposit which will be returned after the charter is complete if there are no damages.
Can I smoke on a charter bus?
- According to Federal Regulation, we do not allow smoking on our coaches.