Jefferson Lines understands that plans change and sometimes those changes are out of our control. We want to make sure that your experience with us is as convenient and flexible as possible from purchasing your ticket to arriving at your destination.
Jefferson Lines offers 3 types of tickets: Refundable, Non-refundable, and Internet Tickets.
|Definition||Full priced tickets with no additional discounts or special fare pricing applied. Refundable tickets can be purchased in person at your local bus stop depot or agency and over the phone through our Customer Care Center.||Discounted tickets that may be purchased online, over the phone, or in person at your local station. All advance purchase, senior, child, military, and college tickets are non-refundable. Any ticket purchased with the use of a promo code is also non-refundable.||Tickets purchased online via www.jeffersonlines.com|
Request a Refund
If you have a refundable ticket, you may request a Jefferson Lines ticket refund under the following criterion:
- Refund requests must be received by the Refund Department within 1 year of purchase.
9184 265th Street, Ste 5
Clear Lake, IA 50428
- The ticket has not been used. If you have a roundtrip ticket, but only used one leg of the ticket, you may request a partial refund for the fully unused leg of the trip. Partially used one-way tickets are non-refundable.
- The original fully unused ticket must be sent into the Refund Department to qualify. No copies will be accepted.
- Refund requests can only be processed by the company who issued the ticket, regardless of which company was used for travel. If you purchased your ticket through a Jefferson Lines ticket agent or by telephone, you should contact us. If you purchased your ticket through a partner company, you will need to contact them directly for a refund, even if you may have traveled on Jefferson Lines.
- Refundable tickets will be charged a 20% processing fee.
- All refund requests for Prepaid Ticket Orders (PTO Tickets) must be made by the original purchaser. If the ticket has been printed, the refund request must include both the purchaser’s receipt and the original printed ticket.
Change a Ticket
Plans changed and you need to travel on another date? No problem. Here’s what you need to know to request a Jefferson Lines ticket exchange:
- Tickets are valid for travel for up to one year from the date of purchase.
- There is no need to change the ticket for a new ticket if you will be traveling via the same schedule. You may use the original ticket for travel.
- If you need to change the schedule, you may bring the ticket to the nearest ticketing bus stop location. There is no change fee.
- Ticket changes must be done prior to the original departure date.
- A $20 change fee will apply per ticket and must be paid at the time of exchange.
- Only the date and schedule is valid for change. The origin and destination must remain the same.
- Any advance purchase ticket has to stay within the requirements of advance purchase fares. For example, if you bought a ticket 7 days in advance, you will need to select a new departure date that is at least 7 days in advance of the change date.
- You can’t change an advance ticket for a ticket that falls within holiday blackout periods.
- One-way partially used tickets are not valid for exchange. If you have a roundtrip ticket, but only used one leg of the ticket, you may change the fully unused leg of the trip.
- Ticket changes can be done at any ticketing bus stop location.
- Amount paid for unused tickets (not including the service fee) may be used as credit towards future online purchases for up to one year from the date of purchase.
- A $15 cancellation fee will be assessed during the cancellation or reissue process. The ticket is limited to the origin and destination it was originally purchased for travel.
- To receive credit for your online ticket, please contact our Customer Care Center at 800-451-5333. If you have an online account with Jefferson Lines, the credit will be issued to your account. If you do not have an online account, a new account will be created for you.
- To redeem the credit, you will need to log into your online account prior to purchasing your ticket.
Although Jefferson Lines does our best to provide on-time performance, we do not guarantee arrival and departure times. As with any other form of public transportation, delays are possible and unpredictable. Jefferson Lines will not be liable for delays caused by accidents, breakdowns, and unfavorable road conditions due to traffic and/or weather, that are beyond our control. You may monitor the status of your bus by using Bus Tracker or checking our Service Announcements for schedule updates.
If you believe you were not provided with the services for which you paid (outside of aforementioned reasons), please click here to fill out the customer feedback form and a customer care agent will contact you.